Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Delicious Bakery

While Mom and Mike (the foodie Parents) were in town Jessie and I wanted to introduce them to our favorite bakery in town.  Delicious Bakery http://www.delicious-cakes.com/ located on the corner of Lawndale and Pisgah Church, is the one.  I have been there a number of times, and each time comes a new experience.  They produce a large variety of cakes and cupcakes.  They have some staples but the bakers are creative and switch up the flavors and icing combinations frequently.  I am not a huge cake fan, but these are delicious, hence the name. 

I tend to go for the pastries and scones.  The scones offered in both sweet and savory options.  They offer a "blueberry biscut" which essentially is a blueberry scone on HGH.  Loaded with fresh blueberries and topped with a rich white frosting, they sell out quickly so get there early.  Pecan bars are very rich, so if that's your think get one...or two. 

Lemme get down to brass tacks ladies and gentlemen, the "sticky buns" or pecan rolls as we say North of the Mason-Dixon line are the best I have ever had.  You see my picture to the left, do I look petite?  Do I look like I don't know what a fantastic pastry is?  I can assure you that you will not be disappointed if you get one.  The trick is getting one.  They go quick.  My step-dad, Mike wanted to get one on the way out of town, they were sold out, on a Wednesday, at 9am, enough said.  

If you get to Delicious, let me know about your experience.

Bon Appetit,

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment